BV Pundit Kooshmanda Rasayana is a famous Ayurvedic medicine in herbal jam form. It is a nourishing Ayurvedic medicine, used in respiratory conditions, to improve immunity and strength. It is also known by the terms Kooshmanda rasayana, Kushmanda avalaeha, Kushmanda lehyam, Kushmandavaleha, Kooshmandavaleha, Kusmandarasayanam.
Kooshmanda refers to ash gourd, which is the main ingredient of this preparation. Avaleha or lehyam refers to its herbal jam form. Rasayana – refers to its rejuvenation property.
Kushmanda rasayana uses:
- Kushmanda rasayana is used in the treatment of bleeding disorders, emaciation, chronic respiratory conditions requiring nutrition and strength, vomitting.
- It is usually administered after a person has recovered from fever, to improve strength.
- It is also used along with or after anti tuberculosis treatment to improve general health, strength and weight. It helps to minimize the side effects of anti tuberculosis medications by supporting liver and improving digestion and providing much needed respiratory strength.
- It brings about rejuvenation, improves strength.
Kushmanda rasayana dose:
- 5 – 15 grams to be administered along with water or milk, before or after food, once or twice a day, or at intervals or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Dosage for children below 5 years of age – 1 – 2 grams, once or twice a day, along with a teaspoon of honey or warm water / milk.
- Dosage for children between 5 – 12 years of age – 5 grams once or twice a day along with a teaspoon of honey or warm water / milk.
Adult dose for gaining weight –
1 tablespoon, mixed with 1 teaspoon (small spoon) of ghee, 2 times a day after food for 2 months time. Drink half a cup of lukewarm water, after taking this.
Child dose (5-15 years) dose for gaining weight –
1 teaspoon mixed with 1 teaspoon (small spoon) of ghee, 2 times a day after food for 2 months time.
Drink half a cup of lukewarm water, after taking this.
BV Pundit Kooshmanda Rasayana side effects:
There are no known side effects with this mediicne.
Indications: It is a good nutritive supplement to underweight subjects. It is very useful in people who are very pale and slim. Correct usage of this medicine promptly increases the weight of the person. It is also useful in cough, haemoptysis and hiccup. It improves memory and concentration.
Click here for more Ayurvedic Medicine : Ayurvedic Medicine